Thank you for choosing inkjet cartridge refilling; a service that combines quality, value, and sustainability. Refilling your cartridge(s) is easy, and does not void or impact your printer’s warranty; for more information click here.
NOTE: Customers may experience “alerts” when using refilled cartridges. These nuisance messages are simply deterrents created by manufacturers and should be bypassed by pressing “OK”, “proceed”, “continue”, “accept”, etc.
3-Steps to Install Your Refilled Cartridge:
- Remove cartridge storage clip or cap (if applicable).
- Insert cartridge into printer.
- Press ‘Ok’, ‘yes’, ‘close’, ,dismiss’, continue’, etc. to bypass any nuisance messages. For select Canon cartridge ‘ink out/empty’ errors, see table below.
Resources and Recommendations:
- Stop the process if an “Unrecognized Cartridge”, “Cartridge Error”, or “Replace Cartridge” message appears. Please return the cartridge to your ink refill store for evaluation.
- We recommend that you keep a spare set of cartridges for convenience.
Don’t know your cartridge number? Click here to check:
To find the nearest ink refill center near you…
To check ink refill pricing at a major retailer near you, click here.
CAUTION: It is suggested you avoid purchasing ‘clone’ or ‘compatible’ ink cartridges as they can be quite problematic. The smart chip (at base of cartridge) may not provide reliable printer-cartridge connectivity once installed. Clone & compatible ink cartridges are typically purchased on-line (i.e sold under a different label than the OEM) and is essentially a “knock-off” ink cartridge of the original/genuine ink cartridge. For the best refilling experience, only use original/genuine ink tanks or remanufactured cartridges which have been cleaned, refilled and tested for proper performance.